Science Models For Class 9
- Short wheelbase, single or two-seaters.
- Junior (pictures by members under 18 years of age)
- Miscellaneous dangerous substances and articles *
- A systematically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject
- Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning “knowledge”) is, in its broadest sense, any systematic knowledge that is capable of resulting in a correct prediction (i.e. falsifiability in Karl Popper’s sense) or reliable outcome.
- The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment
- A particular area of this
- skill: ability to produce solutions in some problem domain; “the skill of a well-trained boxer”; “the sweet science of pugilism”
- a particular branch of scientific knowledge; “the science of genetics”
- (model) a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process; “the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems”
- A system or thing used as an example to follow or imitate
- (model) plan or create according to a model or models
- A three-dimensional representation of a person or thing or of a proposed structure, typically on a smaller scale than the original
- (in sculpture) A figure or object made in clay or wax, to be reproduced in another more durable material
- (model) exemplary: worthy of imitation; “exemplary behavior”; “model citizens”
science models for class 9 – Elementary Mathematical
can Noah's flood account for the geologic
In addition, the fossil record grades clearly and unmistakably from simple early life forms which appear early in the geological column to larger and more anatomically complex forms which appear later.
The sequence of the appearance of various fossil groups–first invertebrates, then simple vertebrates, then jawed fishes, then amphibians, then reptiles, and finally birds and mammals–is exactly what we would expect from evolutionary descent with modification, with the organisms appearing higher in the geological column being the modified descendants of those organisms which appear lower in the column.
The creationists, of course, must answer this clear evidence for evolution, and demonstrate in some way that this apparent evolutionary sequence is not valid.
And, as usual, they turn to their Biblical source for this–specifically, to the Flood of Noah described in Genesis:
"The great Flood of Genesis 6-9 is of critical importance to the true understanding of earth history." (Morris, Scientific Creationism, 1974, p. 250)
"The evidence in the earth’s crust of past physical convulsions seems to warrant inclusion of post-creation global catastrophism in the model." (Morris, Scientific Creationism, 1974, p. 11)
If there was a global flood, as the Bible says there was, then every living thing on earth must have died in it (other than those saved on Noah’s Ark). "Consequently," the creationists conclude, " the vast fossil record, comprising as it does, a worldwide cemetery preserved in stone for men everywhere to see; is not at all a record of the gradual evolution of life, but rather of the sudden destruction of life." (Morris, 1972, p. 77)
However, if the "vast fossil record" is actually the drowned remains of the victims of Noah’s Flood, that would mean that the sediments they are buried in must have been formed all at once, during the single Flood, rather than building up gradually over billions of years as geologists believe. As Morris puts it, "The creationist suspects that the fossil record and the sedimentary rocks, instead of speaking of a long succession of geological ages, may tell rather of just one former age, destroyed in a great worldwide aqueous cataclysm." (Morris, Troubled Waters of Evolution, 1974, p. 21) "In effect," Morris further concludes, "this means that the organisms represented in the fossil record must all have been living contemporaneously, rather than scattered in separate time frames over hundreds of millions of years. . . The only reason to think that all should not have been living contemporaneously in the past is the assumption of evolution. Apart from this premise, there is no reason to doubt that man lived at the same time as the dinosaurs and trilobites." (Morris, Scientific Creationism, 1974, p. 112)
Therefore, Morris declares, "The geologic column does not represent the slow evolution of life over many ages, as the evolution model alleges, but rather the rapid destruction and burial of life in one age, in accordance with the creation model." (Morris, Scientific Creationism, 1974, p. 112)
Of course, a paleontologist would quickly point out that the fossil remains are not all jumbled haphazardly together as they would be if they had all died in one single flood, but instead appear in a precise unvarying order, with simple organisms appearing at the bottom of the column, and more complex organisms appearing, in order, towards the top. The creationists find their answer to this problem in the raging Flood waters:
"The fossil-bearing strata were apparently laid down in large measure during the Flood, with apparent sequences attributed not to evolution but rather to hydrodynamic selectivity, ecological habitats, and differential mobility and strength of the various creatures." (Whitcomb and Morris, 1961, p. 327)
In other words, according to the creationists, all of the organisms whose remains we find in the fossil record–everything from trilobites to the Burgess Shale invertebrates, the placoderm fishes and the therapsid reptile-mammals, the dinosaurs and the woolly mammoths, to birds and human beings–were all actually living together, simultaneously and side by side, until the Flood of Noah drowned them all and then sorted their dead remains, over a period of less than a year, into an order that just happens to make it LOOK as though all of these organisms developed slowly by a long process of evolutionary descent. All of the sedimentary rocks we see today, which appear as though they were laid down over incredibly long stretches of time, were actually all laid down within one year by the raging flood waters; all of the fossils we see today, which are found w
Class of 2015 Plebe-Parent Weekend
science models for class 9